Did you know that you can do marketing like the pros without breaking the bank? By leveraging some effective low-cost digital marketing tactics, any business no matter how small can spread brand awareness, generate leads, and make more sales. You don’t need a big marketing budget to have a big impact.
Here are 20 low-cost or free marketing ideas you can start using today:
- Get into content marketing. Create unique, helpful content and share it far and wide across the internet.
- Find the online groups where your target market hangs out and interact with them there.
- Blog regularly. Attach a blog page to your site and keep it updated with fresh content.
- Share useful tips on social media. Try to get your audience liking and sharing.
- Create a social media group related to your brand.
- Build an email list and send your subscribers exclusive content, industry news, and special deals.
- Produce short videos that tackle specific problems in your niche and post them on YouTube.
- Hold a livestream event where you teach something to your audience and interact with them in real-time.
- Learn how to ask for referrals. Get your audience members to tell their friends about you.
- Write press releases. Take some event in your business or industry and tell the public about it.
- Follow conversations online related to your business. You can learn a great deal about your market by seeing what conversations they’re having.
- Send out a customer satisfaction survey. Get feedback from customers that you can use to make improvements to your products or services.
- Create collaborative content with a business partner or colleague. This is a win-win where you each get exposure to the other’s audience.
- Drill down your unique value proposition. Create a simple statement that explains how you uniquely meet your customers’ needs and use this wherever you have a profile online.
- Write guest blog posts and submit them to other people’s blogs to get exposure to a new audience.
- Appear as a guest on podcasts. Get interviewed on topics that are interesting to the show’s audience.
- Run a social media contest. Give your audience something fun to do and share with others.
- Check out Quora and other Q&A sites to see what questions people are asking about your topic.
- Reach out to influencers in your niche and try to get them talking about you.
- Create an online community where your target market can discuss issues, network, and get the support they need.
How should you get started? Just take an idea from the list and give it a try. Monitor your results and then see where you can improve. Add a new tactic when you’re ready, then the next tactic, and so on. Pretty soon, you’ll have a whole repertoire of effective techniques you can use that cost you absolutely nothing.
Some of the links in this publication are Affiliate Links, meaning that – at no additional cost to you – Next Level Advertising may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Please know that when you see an Affiliate link from Next Level Marketing it is for a product or service that we use ourselves or that we have thoroughly researched and reviewed!
Laura Olson-Oxley is an entrepreneur, coach, speaker, marketing and business consultant, and sales professional. She has over 25 years experience working with small businesses in a variety of industries, focusing on strategic business growth through effective marketing and advertising. Also a strategist, numbers nut, project manager, and life-long learner, Laura looks at the big picture to analyze and recommend the most effective tools to take businesses to the Next Level.
Join My Group
Laura Olson-Oxley is an entrepreneur, coach, speaker, marketing and business consultant, and sales professional. She has over 25 years of experience working with small businesses in a variety of industries, focusing on strategic business growth through effective marketing and advertising. Also a strategist, numbers nut, project manager, and life-long learner, Laura looks at the big picture to analyze and recommend the most effective tools to take businesses to the Next Level.